Seroquel Side Effects
Interested in a Discount on Seroquel?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Some side effects with Seroquel are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Signs of diabetes, such as high blood sugar, increased thirst, frequent urination, or extreme hunger (see Seroquel and Diabetes)
- Large or rapid weight gain
- Suicidal thoughts
- Dizziness or fainting when going from a sitting or lying-down position to standing
- Feelings of internal restless or jitteriness
- Any abnormal muscle movements (these abnormal movements can become permanent if Seroquel is not stopped quickly)
- Signs or symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome, which can include:
- A high fever
- Stiff muscles
- Irregular pulse or blood pressure
- An increased heart rate (tachycardia)
- Irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
Rare side effects of Seroquel occur in less than 2 percent of people taking the drug. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are caused by Seroquel or by something else.
These rare side effects include, but are not limited to:
- Vertigo (a spinning sensation)
- Increased or decreased sex drive (see Seroquel Sexual Side Effects)
- Teeth grinding
- Neck pain
- Yeast infection
- Increased salivation
- Canker sores
- Migraine headaches
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED
- Dry eyes
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Low thyroid (hypothyroidism) or overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).