Drug Interactions With RisperidoneRisperidone can potentially interact with a number of other medicines.
(Click Drug Interactions With Risperidone for more information.)
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- Low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension)
- Parkinson's disease
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), or other heart problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Risperdal and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Risperdal and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Risperdal and Alcohol).
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Risperidone for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take this drug.)