DosingThe dosage your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age and weight
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As with all medications, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Risperidone Dosing for more information.)
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with risperidone. However, not everyone who takes risperidone will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. When side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Common side effects of risperidone include, but are not limited to:
- An increased appetite
- Upper respiratory tract infections, such as the common cold
- Insomnia (see Risperdal and Insomnia)
- Increased salivation
(Click Risperidone Side Effects to learn about specific side effects of this drug, including some of the more serious side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider. You can also read about possible side effects by going to:
- Risperdal and Diabetes
- Risperdal and Dry Mouth
- Risperdal Sexual Side Effects
- Risperdal and Weight Gain.)