Drug Interactions With Risperidone
A few of the drugs that can potentially interact with risperidone include certain seizure medications, Paxil, and Prozac. Drug interactions with risperidone can alter the amount of risperidone in your blood, potentially increasing your risk of side effects or perhaps making risperidone less effective. Therefore, you should talk with your pharmacist or healthcare provider about the risperidone drug interactions that may apply to you.
An Introduction to Drug Interactions With RisperidoneRisperidone (Risperdal®) can potentially interact with a number of other medicines. Some of these medicines that may lead to risperidone interactions include:
- Certain anticonvulsants, including:
- Cimetidine (Tagamet®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®, FazaClo®)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac®, Symbyax®)
- Paroxetine (Paxil®, Paxil CR®, Pexeva®, Brisdelle™)
- Ranitidine (Zantac®)
- Rifamycin antibiotics, including rifabutin (Mycobutin®), rifampin (Rifadin®), and rifapentine (Priftin®).