Bipolar Disorder Home > Equetro
When and How to Take EquetroSome general considerations for when and how to take the medication include:
- Equetro comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily.
- It can be taken with or without food. If the medicine upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Do not crush or chew the capsules, as this could cause too much medication to be released too quickly.
- If necessary, the capsules can be opened and the contents sprinkled over a spoonful of applesauce or other soft food. The food (and medication beads) should immediately be swallowed whole (without chewing).
- It should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Do not stop taking Equetro without first discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Equetro Withdrawal).
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.