Bipolar Disorder Home > Abilify Side Effects
Rare Abilify Side Effects
Some side effects occur in less than 2 percent of people taking Abilify. Because these side effects are so uncommon, it is difficult to tell whether they are actually caused by the medication or something else.
These less common Abilify side effects include but are not limited to:
- Vertigo (a spinning sensation)
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Low thyroid (hypothyroidism) or high thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Canker sores
- Yeast infections
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Kidney stones
- Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction or ED (see Abilify Sexual Side Effects)
- An increased or decreased sex drive
- Hair loss (see Abilify and Hair Loss)
- Varicose veins.
You may experience some or none of the Abilify side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug, or something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.