How Should Lithium Be Stored?Lithium should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. It should also be stored in an airtight container.
Keep lithium and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?If you do not take your lithium as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose. Make sure to tell your healthcare provider if you miss any lithium doses, especially if the level in your blood is being monitored.
Available StrengthsLithium is available in the following strengths and forms:
- Lithium carbonate 150 mg capsules
- Lithium carbonate 300 mg capsules (Eskalith)
- Lithium carbonate 600 mg capsules
- Lithium carbonate 300 mg tablets
- Lithium carbonate 300 mg extended-release tablets (Lithobid)
- Lithium carbonate 450 mg extended-release tablets (Eskalith CR)
- Lithium citrate syrup, containing 8 mEq lithium per 5 mL, which is equivalent to 300 mg lithium carbonate per 5 mL or per teaspoonful.