Geodon can potentially interact with a number of other medicines.
(Click Geodon Drug Interactions for more information.)
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Geodon if you have:
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- Low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension)
- A certain arrhythmia called long QT syndrome
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), or other heart problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Geodon and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Geodon and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Alcohol and Geodon).
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are currently taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Geodon Warnings and Precautions for more information on this topic, including information on who should not take the medication.)