An Introduction to Equetro Dosage
The dose of Equetro®
) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your Equetro dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Equetro Dosing for Bipolar Disorder
The recommended starting Equetro dose for treating bipolar disorder
is Equetro 200 mg twice daily. Your healthcare provider may slowly increase your dose (up to a maximum of Equetro 800 mg twice daily) as necessary in order to control your bipolar disorder symptoms
General Equetro Dosage Information
Some considerations for people taking Equetro include:
- Equetro comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily.
- Equetro can be taken with or without food. If Equetro upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Do not crush or chew Equetro capsules, as this could cause too much medication to be released too quickly.
- If necessary, Equetro capsules can be opened and the contents sprinkled over a spoonful of applesauce or other soft food. The food (and medication beads) should immediately be swallowed whole (without chewing).
- Equetro should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Equetro will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Equetro dosing in general, talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Equetro Withdrawal).