Generic versions of Depakote are currently available in several strengths. The generic versions have been assigned an "AB" rating by the FDA, which means that they should be equivalent to brand-name Depakote. Some of the companies that manufacture generic Depakote include Sandoz, Inc., Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, and Teva Pharmaceuticals USA.
Depakote® (divalproex sodium) is a prescription medication that is used to treat epilepsy and mania associated with bipolar disorder. It is also used for migraine prevention.
Depakote is manufactured by Abbott Pharmaceuticals. Both the long-acting form (Depakote ER) and the short-acting, delayed-release form (Depakote) are available in generic form.
Generic Depakote is available in the following strengths:
- Divalproex sodium 125 mg delayed-release tablets and "sprinkle" capsules
- Divalproex sodium 250 mg delayed-release tablets
- Divalproex sodium 500 mg delayed-release tablets.
Generic Depakote ER is available in the following strengths:
- Divalproex sodium 250 mg extended-release tablets
- Divalproex sodium 500 mg extended-release tablets.
Generic Depakote is made by numerous different manufacturers, including (but not limited to):
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sandoz, Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.