General Information on Your Dose of AsenapineSome considerations to keep in mind when taking asenapine include the following:
- Asenapine comes in the form of a sublingual tablet (a special type of tablet that dissolves under the tongue). It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets or swallow them whole. They will dissolve rapidly under the tongue. Do not eat or drink for 10 minutes after taking a dose.
- Try to take this medication at the same times each day.
- Asenapine tablets come in special blister packaging designed to protect the delicate tablets. Be sure to peel back the packaging as directed; do not try to push the tablets through the packaging, as this will crush them. Keep each tablet in the original packaging until just before use.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Asenapine will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or asenapine dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.