As with any medication, it's probably possible to overdose on Adasuve. Overdose symptoms with this medicine may include drowsiness, unconsciousness, and seizures. Treatment may include administering certain drugs, giving fluids through an intravenous line, and other forms of supportive care.
Adasuve™ (loxapine inhalation powder) is a prescription inhaled medication used to manage acute agitation in certain people. It belongs to a group of medicines known as antipsychotics.
As with any medication, it is probably possible to use too much Adasuve. The specific effects of an overdose would likely vary, depending on a number of factors, such as the Adasuve dosage and whether it was used with any other medications or substances.
It is not entirely known what to expect from an overdose with this medication. Based on the known effects of loxapine, the active ingredient of Adasuve, possible symptoms of an Adasuve overdose may include but are not limited to:
- Breathing problems, including slowed and shallow breathing
- Unusual body or facial movements
- Rigid muscles
- Feelings of restlessness
- Significantly low blood pressure (hypotension), which could cause lightheadedness and fainting
The treatment for an Adasuve overdose would likely involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For example, supportive treatment options for an overdose with Adasuve may include:
- Fluids through an intravenous line (IV), if necessary
- Medications to increase blood pressure
- Medications to control seizures, if they occur.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on this medication.