Abilify can potentially interact with a number of other medicines (see Abilify Drug Interactions for more information).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- Low blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension)
- Heart disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), or other heart problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Abilify and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Abilify and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly (see Alcohol and Abilify).
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you may be taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Abilify Warnings and Precautions to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)